The Vale of Glamorgan Council have identified a number of opportunities that they wish to develop in partnership with both private businesses and third sector organisations. The opportunities to work with us and supply the services we require are as follows:
- A range of outdoor activities at the Parks to include the lake and the sea
- A variety of hospitality services and venues
- To create and develop our retail offering for our visitors
- To deliver a range of leisure events
- To produce a planned annual events schedule in line with our visitor profile
Our future plans include:
- Working with a range of complimentary outdoor activity operators
- Establishing the parks as events destinations
- Promoting our unique locations and facilities to more television and film companies
- To further build our public profile working with partners and using the support of the Council tourism team.
We have started to develop and transform the parks through investments made by the council and private sector partners. We are modernising the parks to meet the needs and expectations of our current and future visitors.
We currently have over 350,000 visitors per annum who use our Country Parks and enjoy the unique experience they offer. With future plans in place and the support of our tourism team we expect over 500,000 visitors in the future. We are now adapting to the changes in our customers’ needs where they want to stay longer, visit more often and spend more money on new experiences and specialist activities. Present audience:
- Local families
- Visitors from Cardiff City Region
- Education visitors, European, local, and national
- General recreational users; walkers, dog walkers, play
- Event visitors
- Group travel visitors
- Specialist visitors – birdwatchers, guided tours.
To discuss the many commercial opportunities that exist please contact Steve Pickering Countryside Team Leader