Coaches of the Future
Coaches of the Future is part of the Vale of Glamorgan’s Olympic legacy programme to help inspire a generation of participants and coaches.
Open to 16–19 year olds in the Vale of Glamorgan, the programme aims to provide an introduction to coaching and volunteering in sport, dance and other physical activities, by providing training and hands on experience of coaching in schools and the community.
As a Coach of the Future, you will be part of an important and highly regarded team of young leaders, working closely with the Vale of Glamorgan Council’s Sports Development Team.
The scheme is only available to 16-19 year olds who have previously completed the Dragon Sport/AYP Organisers course or shown a commitment to sport and sports leadership. They will be identified and selected by the 5x60 Officers with the assistance of PE and other school staff.
Please Note: There is a high level of commitment required by those interested, both with regards to time and personal development within coaching and leadership.
The key benefits to you as a Coach of the Future include:-
- Access to a number of coaching courses and qualifications
- Opportunities to develop personal skills such as confidence, communication, organisational skills, and self-esteem
- Opportunities and experience to become better citizens, and enhance career and job prospects
- Potential to attain paid coaching work following completion of scheme (when you have left school)
- Support from the Sports Development/5x60 Officers to help you achieve what you want to achieve
- Priority selection for Work Experience placements within Sports Development
- An opportunity to play a key role in Sport Wales’ Vision - ‘Every child hooked on Sport for life’
- Job satisfaction by doing something you love to do and by helping children and other Young People to lear
Membership to the scheme is £60, which will aid in the financial outlay of resources
- Enrolment of the CSL2 Course
- Kit: Branded polo shirt and tracksuit top
- 1st Aid qualification
- Sports Coach UK Safeguarding and Protecting workshop
- Fundamental Skills Training
- Leaders qualifications and workshops such as Netball, Tennis and Badminton
- Level 1 qualification in your chosen sport
- Coaches of the Future Application Form.
Please return completed application forms to: