Rent First Scheme
Rent First is a scheme which enables people to rent a property first and then purchase it, if they wish to, at a later date
The Rent First scheme provides a mid-market housing solution for individuals and families who are in a financially stable position and yet are unable purchase a house at the present time due to economic uncertainties, house prices and lack of deposit for a mortgage.
Under the Rent First scheme, rent will be charged at a lower amount than market rent which will enable a deposit to be saved. The tenant will then be able to purchase the property after a period of three years.
Are you a first time buyer?
Want to own a home of your own?
Don't have a deposit?
Look no further, home ownership could be within reach.
To be eligible for the scheme applicants must:
- Be over 18
- UK citizen or EU/EEA passport holder or have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ stamped in your passport
- Must have a local connection to Llantwit Major or adjacent communities
- Meet certain affordability criteria (including a minimum income requirement)
- Be a first time buyer or consider yourself to be first time buyer in your own right
- For those leaving the Armed Forces, have lived in Vale of Glamorgan for 6 months prior to joining the armed forces
Apply for a Property
If you are interested in purchasing a property on this scheme please read the FAQ and complete the Rent First Application Form.
Please note that eligibility criteria apply. Applications will be assessed and if successful held on a reserve list for the next available property.
Please return completed forms to: Housing Strategy Team, Vale of Glamorgan Council, Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry, CF63 4RU