Chapel Close, St Athan
The name Chapel Close was chosen by local residents at a community open day.
New Chapel Close resident Laura Jacques, who works part time in a gift shop in nearby Cowbridge, tells us about moving into her new home:
“We were living in private rented accommodation in Eglwys Brewis before we moved into our new home in Chapel Close. It was horrible, very dark and dingy with no heating and only two bedrooms. It was hardly an ideal situation for the four or us.
Our Wales & West home in Chapel Close is so spacious. Mason absolutely loves it and I’m on my feet 24/7 chasing after him as he runs around.
When I saw the property for the first time I was so gobsmacked. I was almost in tears. It could not have been built any better, it is so well planned it’s perfect.”
Accommodation: Consists of;
- 2 x 2 bed (3 person) flats
- 6 x 2 bed (4 person) houses
- 6 x 3 bed (5 person) houses
- 2 x 4 bed (6 person) houses
Tenure: All properties are for affordable rent.
Allocation: All properties were allocated in partnership with Homes4U and using a local lettings policy.
Construction: Commenced in March 2009 and completed in April 2010.
- The site was formally opened by Jane Davidson AM.
- Shortlisted for Constructing Excellence Awards 2010
- Achieved Building Research Establishment / Constructing Excellence Wales Exemplar status in 2010.