LilyTell Us Once

The Tell Us Once service allows you to notify us of a death, we will then notify government departments and local council services on your behalf


When someone has died, there are lots of things that need to be done, at a time when you probably least feel like doing them. One of these is contacting government departments and local council services that need to be told.


Depending on your circumstances the following organisations can be notified:

  • Adult services
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Bereavement Benefit
  • Blue Badge Parking Permit
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Children’s Services
  • Collection of Payment for Council Services
  • Council Housing
  • Council Tax
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Disability Living Allowance

  • Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
  • Electoral Services
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Identity and Passport Service
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Library Services
  • Pension Credit
  • Personal taxation
  • State Pension
  • Working Tax Credit

When you have registered the death the Registration Officer will give you more information about the service and how you can use it.  If it helps, you can usually make appointments to register the death and use the service on the same visit.


What you need to bring

To make sure the right information is given to any organisations we contact for you, and so that you get the most out of the service, it will help if you can bring along with you the following information about the person who has died:

  • Their National Insurance number and date of birth
  • Details of any benefits or services they were receiving
  • Their death certificate
  • Their Driving Licence or Driving Licence number
  • Their Passport or Passport number
  • Blue Car Badge (if applicable)
  • Concessionary bus pass (if applicable)

We may also ask you

  • Their next of kin
  • Any surviving husband, wife or civil partner
  • The person dealing with their estate

Please Note: You must obtain the agreement of the persons listed above if you are going to provide us with information about them.


Share on facebook Like us on Facebook