School Uniform Grant
The Welsh Government has introduced a grant of £105.00 to assist families on low income with the purchase of school uniform.
The grant is available only to pupils transferring from primary to secondary school and is not available for any child already in attendance at a secondary school.
It is also available for pupils aged 11 at the start of the school year attending a special school, special needs resource base or pupil referral unit.
Eligibility for uniform grant entitlement is provided for parents who are in receipt of certain support payments as per free school meal entitlement. The relevant support payments are:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)st Item 1
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA (IR))
- Support under Part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) with an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) not exceeding £16,190
If you think your child may be eligible complete and return a School Uniform Grant Application Form:
Please return completed forms to: