Health and Wellbeing
Wellbeing is everyone’s right and responsibility. The Vale of Glamorgan Council is responsible for supporting and protecting the health and well-being of its residents.
Well-being can be defined in relation to the different areas of a person’s life, such as:
- Physical and mental health and emotional well-being
- Protection from abuse and neglect
- Education, training and recreation
- Domestic, family and personal relationships
- Contribution made to society
- Securing rights and entitlements
- Social and economic well-being
- Suitability of living accommodation
Everyone is different and so are their priorities, so some of these aspects may be more important to some people than others. As a local authority we have a duty to provide our residents with helpful information, advice and suitable assistance as and when necessary.
The Dewis Cymru online directory has been put together to help individuals and families access the support they need more easily. The directory lists wellbeing services provided by social care, health and third sector organisations across Wales.
You can search using your postcode for services and support in your area or search for specific services
Get information about health and wellbeing in the Vale of Glamorgan.