Wherever possible children should be supported to grow and achieve within their own families and community. Children and young people also have a right to be protected from harm.
Report an Issue
If you think a child is in immediate danger of being harmed, please contact the Police on 999. If you think a child is at risk, not being looked after properly, or you have concerns about his or her welfare, please contact:
If you are contacting us on behalf of someone, we will need to ask you some questions about that person, such as:
- The reasons you are worried
- Home address and age or date of birth of the child
- Names, addresses and ages or dates of birth of the child’s family members
- Names of professionals involved with the family, such as their doctor or school
- Whether you feel there is a safety risk to anyone visiting the home of the child
You do not need to know everything about that person to contact us. We aim to protect your identity whether you ask us to do so or not. Sometimes this is not possible due to the information you provide or because a case needs to go to court.
If for any reason you do not feel comfortable talking to us, please tell someone else who knows the family, such as a teacher, a doctor, a nurse or a health visitor.
Cardiff and the Vale Local Safeguarding Children Board
The Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) is a Partnership that has responsibility for working together to oversee the safety and well-being of children and young people throughout Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
Everyone has a responsibility for safeguarding children. Every child can be hurt, put at risk of harm or abused, regardless of their age, gender, religion or ethnicity. Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
Cardiff and Vale Local Safeguarding Children Board website
Get information about child protection agencies and organisations in the Vale of Glamorgan.