Providers' ZoneP&T-Group-for-web

Information for childcare providers



Qualifications and Guidance

The Care Council for Wales has information on recommended qualifications to work in the childcare and early years sector in Wales. They have also produced a series of good practice guides for the Early Years and Childcare sector in Wales. These guides aim to support managers and senior practitioners:



Provider Portal - promote your business the easy way

Whether you are a childminder, manage a day nursery or provide a service for children and families in the Vale, you can now promote your service and update your details with the Family Information Service ‘on line’.


The Family Information Service (FIS) promote all services for families in the Vale via the Childcare, Activities for Children and Young People Directory and the Family Support Directory. To make sure we have all of your correct details, you can now login to the ‘Provider Portal’, make any changes and the database will be updated within five working days. You no longer have to make phone calls during office hours or fill in forms:



Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW)

For all enquiries about your childcare registration, please contact the CSSIW


Support for Playgroups and Daycare

Wales Pre-school Providers Association


Support for Cylch Meithrin (Welsh playgroup)

Mudiad Meithrin


Support for out of school clubs

Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids' Clubs 

Bridge House, Station Road, Llanishen, Cardiff.


For a copy of the National Minimum Standards for Childcare and information on setting up a childcare setting, please visit our page 'Setting Up Provision'.




HMRC has some useful E-learning tutorials for people setting up their own business, as well as webinars for self employed people, which last about an hour:


Special offers are available for childminders.



Do you run a sports club if so, do you have a Child Protection Policy?