Working together to keep families up to date with services, support and activities for children and young people with disabilties or additional needs across the Vale of Glamorgan.
The Index is Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan's voluntary register of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs.
The Index aims to give a clearer picture of how many children and young people with disabilities or additional needs there are, and through Families First Grant funding support, enables us to work together with other agencies to help better coordinate services.
- Receive information to keep up to date with new services and activities
- Receive the quarterly newsletter The Index and specific mail outs
- Have the opportunity to contribute articles, news and events to share with others on the Index
- Help and influence the types of provision being offered and developed
Why sign up to The Index?
Once signed up to The Index you will receive:
- The Index Newsletter - the newsletter which is sent out every 3 months, packed full of information about services, support and activities in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan
- The Index eNews - regular emails providing information about any activities and events which may be happening between issues of the newsletter
How to sign up to The Index?
Whether you are a parent/carer or a professional, you can sign a child up to The Index by completing a registration form. To be included on The Index the child or young person must:
- be aged up to 18 years
- have a diagnosed disability, be in the process of diagnosis or have confirmed ongoing additional needs
Annual Report 2016 - 2017
The Index Annual Report 2016 - 2017 looks at the key achievements of the year.
The Index Information Leaflet
For more information about The Index, please download a copy of our information leaflet:
Transition: Moving from Childhood to Adulthood
In partnership with Keith Ingram (Autistic Spectrum Disorder Project Officer), Transition Officers from the Child Health and Disability Team and the Adult Disability Team, the Family Information Service have put together 'A Guide for Parents/Carers of Young People with Disabilities aged 14+'.
The aim of the guide is to bring together information on the measures in place and services available to ensure a smooth as possible transition into adulthood.
The Index in Cardiff
Cardiff now has it's own Index which is administered by the Cardiff Family Information Service Team. If you would like to find out more about the Index in Cardiff please contact Cardiff's Disability Index Officer:
If you would like to talk to us about The Index then please contact:
Family Information Service
Dock Office, Subway Road
The Index is funded by Welsh Government's Families First Initiative.