Training and Support
As a professional foster carer for the Vale of Glamorgan, we ensure that you receive the following training and support:
- Dedicated support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year
- Professional supervision with an allocated Supervising Social Worker
- Competitive rates of pay for being a foster carer
- Comprehensive training leading to professional qualifications
- Access to monthly support forums, where you can share experiences with other foster carers
- A retainer for your skills and services if you are free to take a placement and we are unable to place an appropriate child with you
- Monthly business meetings with senior members of social work management, where you can discuss policies and procedures that affect you
The amount of money that you receive for looking after a child in foster care is split into two payments.
The first payment is specifically for the child and the amount is dependent upon the age of the child.
The second payment that you receive is for you and the skills that you bring to fostering. This payment is dependent upon meeting set criteria on a consistent basis whilst looking after foster children in your care.
We recognise that our foster carers give up their own time to help look after children who are in the greatest need of protection and support within society, so this second payment secures and rewards their skills and services.
Interested in Fostering?
If you are interested in fostering please let us know by phone, email or via our online form:
National Minimum Allowance and Carers Allowance (Payskill)
National Minimum Allowance
(NMA) payment is a non-taxable expense but Payskill allowance could be, in some circumstances, liable for tax.
National Minimum Allowance per week
|Carers Allowance (Payskill)
First child -
Subsequent children -