Duke of Edinburgh's Award
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award (D of E) is a programme of activities for you to do in your spare time, there’s Bronze, Silver and Gold!
Main Office: Provincial House, Kendrick Road, Barry, CF62 8BF
It doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from, as long as you’re aged 14-24 you can take part.
Ask your teacher, youth club leader, Scout or Guide Leader if you can do the Award through your school or club.
If you can, they will tell you how to get started and help you through your Award.
If you don't know where to do the Award, contact the Award Officer who will put you in touch with someone near you who will help you get involved and guide you through your Award.
Duke of Edinburgh Activity Topics
Simply choose one activity under each of these headings, and do it for a set length of time:
- Volunteering: Be a local hero - help the community, the environment or even train to save a life.
- Skills: Do something different, whether you fancy yourself as a fine artist or a trapeze artist, we’ve got something that will suit you.
- Physical: Could you be the next David Davies? Or Nicole Cook? Virtually any sport, dance or fitness activity can count.
- Expedition: Go on an expedition and find yourself. Train, plan and complete an adventurous journey in the countryside on foot, horseback, boat or cycle.
- Residential Project: Work as a team on a conservation, service or activity-based project for five days (this is for Gold Award Participants only).
Duke of Edinburgh Award website
It's fun, challenging and different... so go on, take the challenge!
For further information about this project please contact the Youth Service Main office on: