The Schools Transitions Project
The Transitions project is a Welsh Government funded project based on a multi-agency approach for supporting young people as they move from primary to secondary school.
Where: Main Office location: Provincial House, Kendrick Road, Barry, CF62 8BF
The School transitions project is a Families First funded project aimed at enagging and suporting young people and families during transition from primary to secondary school. It supports young epople between years 5-8 that are finding things difficult.
The project is a referral only programme via school referral.
What We Do:
- Through a school referral process young people are identified who may require targeted support during their transition from primary to secondary school
- We work with young people between years 5 of primary to year 8 of secondary school
Follow and share your experience on our social media
- We ensure that all young people referred to the programme have high quality levels of support and planned interventions to support them individually
- We ensure that all young people have a voice and are listened to during their active involvement in the programme
- We ensure that all parents / carers fully participate in the transitions programme
- We provide a common framework for all support agencies and services to coordinate and integrate their work with young people, parents / carers and schools
For further information about this project please contact Derryn Gibbon/Kate Welsh, Transitions Support Workers: