Youth Participation: The Point
The Point team facilitates a number of participation projects to empower young people to have their say in their communities.
We offer support, information and training on how to influence decision-making in the Vale and raise awareness of the rights of children and young people.
Main Office location: West House, Stanwell Road, Penarth CF64 2YG
What is Participation?
Article 12 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) states that children and young people have the right to say what they think should happen when adults are making decisions that affect them, and to have their opinions taken into account.
What We Do:
- We provide training to children and young people and professionals about participation, pupil voice and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- We organise citizenship activities during Local Democracy Week.
- We advocate for children and young people’s involvement in recruitment processes.
- We facilitate young people’s involvement in local, national and international democratic processes.
- We promote the National Children and Young People’s Participation Standards.
- We encourage and provide opportunities for young people to register to vote.
- We coordinate Pupil Voice events.
- Support the work of the Childrens Commisioner for Wales office.
- We enable young people to be involved with and influence decision-making processes through a variety of projects.
Get in Touch
For further information about this project please contact Ve VanDe Voorde, Youth Participation Officer:
Follow the Vale Youth Service on Facebook and Twitter and share your photos and experiences on our social media: