Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 18TH JULY, 2016 AT 4.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
(NOTE: MEMBERS ARE REQUESTED TO NOTE THE COMMENCEMENT TIME OF THIS MEETING)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 20th June 2016.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Central South Consortium Estyn Report – Cabinet: 4th July, 2016 and Request for Consideration (Councillor C.P. Franks). [Presentation]
5. Proposal to Increase Welsh Medium Secondary School Places – Cabinet: 6th June, 2016.
6. Corporate Safeguarding Update – Cabinet, 20th June, 2016.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
7. Closure of Accounts 2015/16.
8. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April to 31st May, 2016.
Report of the Managing Director –
9. 1st Quarter Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations and Work Programme Schedule 2016/17.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
(i) Revised School Attendance Policy. [Urgent for the reason being in order for the Committee to consider the report so that the Council's School Attendance Policy can take effect from September, 2016]
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
11th July, 2016
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor R.A. Penrose;
Councillors: Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Ms. K.E. Edmunds, C.P. Franks, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker and Mrs. A.J. Preston.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector)
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum)
Vacant (Free Churches).