Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 20TH MARCH, 2017 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meetings held on 23 January and 13 February 2017.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Reshaping Services – Catering Project – Cabinet: 20th February, 2017.
5. Young Carers: Annual Update Report – Healthy Living and Social Care Scrutiny Committee: 13th February, 2017.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
6. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April 2016 to 31st January 2017.
7. Individual School Progress Panel Meeting.
8. Vale of Glamorgan Council’s Annual Self-Assessment.
(Members are advised, that due to its size, the set of appendices for the Vale of Glamorgan Annual Self-Assessment has been sent out under separate cover. Members areasked to retain these and bring the appendices with them to each Committee that they sit on.)
9. Service Plans 2017-21: Performance and Development; Regeneration and Planning; Strategy, Community Learning and Resources; and Achievement for All.
10. Quarter 3 (2016-17) Performance Report: An Aspirational and Culturally Vibrant Vale.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring.)
11. Target Setting for 2017-18.
12. Vale of Glamorgan Well-being Objectives and Improvement Plan Part 1 (Improvement Objectives 2017/18).
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
13th March, 2017
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor R.A. Penrose;
Councillors: Ms. J. Aviet, Ms. R. Birch, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, C.P. Franks, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker and Mrs. A.J. Preston.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector)
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Ms. T. Young (Secondary).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum)
Vacant (Free Churches).