MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ATTENDING THIS MEETING
ARE REQUESTED TO NOTE THAT WHEN EXITING THE BUILDING THEY SHOULD USE THE REAR EXIT ON THE LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 22ND JANUARY, 2018 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 11th December, 2017.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Corporate Safeguarding mid Term Report – April – September (2017): Cabinet – 18th December, 2017.
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
5. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 30th November, 2017.
6. Quarter 2 (2017-18) Performance Monitoring: An Aspirational and Culturally Vibrant Vale.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
Report of the Managing Director –
7. 3rd Quarter Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations and Updated Work Programme Schedule 2017/18.
8. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
15th January, 2018
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee Chairman: Councillor L. Burnett;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor A. Hampton;
Councillors: Ms. R.M. Birch, B.T. Gray, N.P. Hodges, M. Lloyd, M.J.G. Morgan, Mrs. J.M. Norman, Ms. S.D. Perkes and Mrs. M. Wright.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Vacant (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector)
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Vacant (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr N. Want (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).