Notice of Meeting ANNUAL MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY 23RD MAY, 2012 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. (a) To hear the roll call of members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
3. To elect a Mayor for the ensuing municipal year in accordance with the provisions of Sections 22 and 23 of the Local Government Act 1972.
[View Election of Mayor Minute]
4. To appoint a Deputy Mayor for the ensuing municipal year in accordance with the provisions of Section 24 of the Local Government Act 1972.
[View Appointment of Deputy Mayor Minute]
5. To receive the minutes of (i) the meeting of the Council held on 25th April, 2012 and (ii) the extraordinary meeting of 30th April, 2012.
6. To receive any announcements from the Mayor or Head of Paid Service.
Reports of the Chief Executive
Executive Arrangements -
7. To elect the Leader.
[View Election of Leader Minute]
8. To be informed by the Leader of the names of Councillors chosen to be the Deputy Leader and Members of the Cabinet, together with their portfolios. (N.B. Details of the proposed payment of all Senior Salaries are also set out in the report).
[View Leader and Cabinet Minute]
9. Non-Executive Arrangements -
To appoint Scrutiny Committees together with their terms of reference and to appoint their membership for the ensuing municipal year:
[View Appointment of Scrutiny Committtees Minute]
(a) Scrutiny (Corporate Resources)
(b) Scrutiny (Economy and Environment)
(c) Scrutiny (Housing and Public Protection)
(d) Scrutiny (Lifelong Learning)
(e) Scrutiny (Social Care and Health).
Quasi-Judicial Committees and Other Bodies -
10. To appoint the following bodies together with their terms of reference and to appoint their membership for the ensuing municipal year:
[View Quasi-Judicial Minute]
(a) Planning Committee
(b) Licensing Committee
(c) Appeals Committee
(d) Investigating Committee
(e) Standards Committee
(f) Discretionary Housing Payments Review Committee.
Committees / Sub Committees / Panels
(g) Audit Committee
(h) Community Liaison Committee
(i) Democratic Services Committee
(j) Early Retirement / Redundancy Committee
(k) Joint Consultative Forum
(l) Senior Management Appointment Committee
(m) Trust Committee
(n) Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee
(o) Welsh Church Act Estate Committee
(p) Appointment of LEA Governors - Advisory Panel.
Other Bodies (Including Joint Bodies)
(q) Residential Special Schools Panel
(r) Glamorgan Heritage Coast Advisory Group
(s) Vale of Glamorgan Conservation Area Advisory Group
(t) Equalities Consultative Forum
11. To note the dates of ordinary meetings of the Council to be held in the ensuing municipal year:
[View Dates of Meetings Minute]
27th June, 2012
26th September, 2012
5th December, 2012
6th March, 2013
8th May, 2013.
12. To elect Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of the following Committees for the ensuing municipal year:
[View Election of Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen Minute]
(d) Community Liaison
(f) Welsh Church Act Estate
(g) Democratic Services Committee.
13. Any other items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any other items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
17th May, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt, Tel: Barry (01446) 709408.
Distribution: To all Members of the Council.