Notice of Meeting ANNUAL MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE VALE OF GLAMORGAN
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY 15TH MAY, 2013 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To elect a Mayor for the ensuing municipal year in accordance with the provisions of Sections 22 and 23 of the Local Government Act 1972.
[View Election of Mayor minute]
4. To appoint a Deputy Mayor for the ensuing municipal year in accordance with the provisions of Section 24 of the Local Government Act 1972.
[View Appointment of Deputy Mayor minute]
5. To receive any announcements from the Mayor or Head of Paid Service.
[View Announcements minute]
Reports of the Managing Director
Executive Arrangements –
6. To note the position of the Leader and to be informed by the Leader of the names of Councillors chosen to be the Deputy Leader and Members of the Cabinet, together with their portfolios. (N.B. Details of the proposed payment of all Senior Salaries are also set out in the report.)
7. Non-Executive Arrangements –
To appoint Scrutiny Committees together with their terms of reference and to appoint their membership for the ensuing municipal year:
(a) Scrutiny (Corporate Resources)
(b) Scrutiny (Economy and Environment)
(c) Scrutiny (Housing and Public Protection)
(d) Scrutiny (Lifelong Learning)
(e) Scrutiny (Social Care and Health).
[View Non Executive Arrangements minute]
Quasi-Judicial Committees and Other Bodies –
8. To appoint the following bodies together with their terms of reference and to appoint their membership for the ensuing municipal year:
[View Quasi Judicial Committees minute]
(a) Planning Committee
(b) Public Rights of Way Sub-Committee
(c) Licensing Committee
(d) Appeals Committee
(e) Investigating Committee
(f) Standards Committee
(g) Standards Committee Appointment Panel
(h) Standards Committee Appointments Committee
(i) Discretionary Housing Payments Review Committee.
Committees / Sub Committees / Panels
(j) Audit Committee
(k) Community Liaison Committee
(l) Democratic Services Committee
(m) Early Retirement / Redundancy Committee
(n) Joint Consultative Forum
(o) Senior Management Appointment Committee
(p) Trust Committee
(q) Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee
(r) Welsh Church Act Estate Committee
(s) Appointment of LEA Governors - Advisory Panel.
Other Bodies (Including Joint Bodies)
(t) Residential Special Schools Panel
(u) Glamorgan Heritage Coast Advisory Group
(v) Vale of Glamorgan Conservation Area Advisory Group
(w) Equalities Consultative Forum
9. To note the dates of ordinary meetings of the Council to be held in the ensuing municipal year:
26th June, 2013
25th September, 2013
18th December, 2013
5th March, 2014
7th May, 2014.
[View Dates of Meetings minute]
10. To elect Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of the following Committees for the ensuing municipal year:
(d) Community Liaison
(f) Welsh Church Act Estate
(g) Democratic Services Committee.
[View Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen minute]
11. Any other items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any other items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
9th May, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt, Tel: Barry (01446) 709408.
Distribution: To all Members of the Council.