Notice of Meeting AUDIT COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting TUESDAY, 26TH NOVEMBER, 2013 AT 6.00 PM
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 1, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Members are asked to note that, following a recent appointment process, the Senior Management Appointment Committee confirmed the re-appointment of Mr. P.R. Lewis as the Lay Member on the Audit Committee, the appointment to run until the Council Elections in 2017. Given Mr. Lewis had been appointed Vice-Chairman of the Committee prior to the expiry in September of his initial one-year appointment, the Committee is asked to consider whether he should resume the position for the remainder of the current municipal year.
[View Appointment of Vice-Chairman Minute]
2. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
3. Minutes of the meeting held on 16th September, 2013.
4. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
5. Auditor General for Wales:Improvement Assessment Letter September 2013: Cabinet – 7th October, 2013.
[View Improvement Assessment Letter Minute]
Report of the Director of Resources –
6. Welfare Reform – Progress Report.
[View Welfare Reform Minute]
Reports of the Managing Director –
7. Update on the Regulatory Programme for Performance Audit 2013-14.
[View Regulatory Programme Minute]
8. Annual Audit Letter 2012/13.
[View Annual Audit Letter Minute]
Reports of the Head of Accountancy and Resource Management –
9. Information and Action Requests by Committee.
[View Information and Action Requests Minute]
10. National Fraud Initiative (NFI) 2012/13.
[View National Fraud Initiative Minute]
11. Housing Benefit and Council Tax Fraud Investigations – Half Year Position 2013/14 Compared Against 2012/13 Outturn.
[View Housing Benefit and Council Tax Fraud Investigations Minute]
12. Single Fraud Investigation Service (SFIS).
[View Single Fraud Investigation Service Minute]
13. Outturn Report – April to October 2013.
[View Outturn Report Minute]
14. Update on Internal Audit Performance April to September 2013.
[View Internal Audit Performance Minute]
15. Updated Forward Work Programme 2013/14.
[View Forward Work Propgramme Minute]
16. Any other items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
17. Any other items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
20th November, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of
Mr. C Hope, Tel: 01446 709855
To All Members of the Audit Committee -
Chairman: Councillor K. Hatton
Councillors: J.C. Bird, Mrs. P. Drake, J. Drysdale, K.J. Geary, A.C. Williams and
Mr. P.R. Lewis (Lay Member)