Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 7TH DECEMBER, 2011 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
3. To approve the minutes:
(i) of the meeting of Council held on 28th September, 2011
(ii) of the Extraordinary meeting of Council held on 19th October, 2011.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service.
Reference from Licensing Committee: 4th October, 2011 -
5. New Bye-laws - Acupuncture, Tattooing, Semi-Permanent Skin-Colouring, Cosmetic Piercing and Electrolysis.
[View New Bye Laws Minute]
6. To consider the following proposals from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget (copies of the relevant minutes are attached).
N.B. The reports which are the subject of the references in respect of Agenda Items 6(a) to (f) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agendas for 5th October, 2nd November and 16th November, 2011. Further copies are available from Democratic Services if required.
7. To Inform the Council of the Use of the Urgency Decision Procedure Under Article 13.09 of the Constitution:
8. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Council Procedure Rules 8.2, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
[View Questions Minute]
9. Questions from the public -
To receive, and respond to, any questions submitted to Cabinet Members in accordance with the protocol agreed by Council.
10. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
30th November, 2011
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408.
Distribution: To all Members of the Council.