Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 25TH APRIL, 2012 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING.
PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence minute]
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
3. To approve the minutes of :
(i) the meeting held on 7th March, 2012.
(ii) the extraordinary meeting held on 28th March, 2012.
(iii) the extraordinary meeting held on 16th April, 2012.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service.
[View Announcements minute]
Report of the Monitoring Officer -
5. Standards Committee: Appointment of Community Committee Member (Community Councillor).
[View Standards Committee Appointment minute]
6. To consider the following proposals from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget (copies of the relevant minutes are attached).
N.B. The reports which are the subject of the references in respect of Agenda Items 6(a) and (b) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agendas for 14th March and 18th April 2012.
**Further copies are available from Democratic Services if required**.
Members are asked to note that the call-in period in respect of Agenda Item 6(b) above will not expire until 17.00 on Thursday 26th April, 2012. Members who wish to call-in this item should, therefore, if the call-in pro-forma has not been submitted by the time of the Council meeting, indicate their intention to call-in the item at the Council meeting itself, following which the item in question will be withdrawn.
7. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Council Procedure Rules 8.2, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
[View Questions minute]
8. Questions from the public -
N.B. The Council's procedure for the submission of questions from the public requires that questions be submitted at least 10 working days prior to the meeting. 1 question was received.
[View Public Question minute]
Report of the Head of Human Resources -
9. Appointment / Designation of Head of Paid Service.
[View Head of Paid Service minute]
10. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
19th April, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council