Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 26TH SEPTEMBER, 2012 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 27th June, 2012.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service.
[View Announcements Minute]
Reports of the Managing Director -
5. Reallocation of Seats on Committees.
[View Reallocation of Seats Minute]
6. Scrutiny Committees’ Annual Report May 2011 – May 2012.
[View Annual Report Minute]
7. Change of Name – Sully Community Council.
[View Sully Community Council Minute]
Report of the Section 151 Officer -
8. Statement of Accounts.
[View Statement of Accounts Minute]
Reports of the Monitoring Officer –
9. Appointment of Community Committee Member to the Council’s Standards Committee.
[View Appointment of Community Member Minute]
10. Council Constitution / Officer Delegations.
[View Council Constitution Minute]
11. To consider the following proposals from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget (copies of the relevant minutes are attached).
N.B. The reports which are the subject of the references in respect of Agenda Items 11(a) and (b) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agendas for 9th July and 17th September 2012.
** Further copies are available from Democratic Services if required**.
12. To inform the Council of the use of the Urgency Decision Procedure under Article 13.9 of the Constitution.
13. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Council Procedure Rules 8.2, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
[View Questions Minute]
14. Questions from the public -
N.B. The Council's procedure for the submission of questions from the public requires that questions be submitted at least 10 working days prior to the meeting. No questions were received.
15. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
16. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
20th September, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council