Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 7TH MAY, 2014 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 5th March, 2014.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
[View Announcements Minute]
Reference from Audit Committee : 28th April 2014 –
5. Amendments to Terms of Reference of Audit Committee.
[View Terms of Reference Minute]
6. To consider the following proposals from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget (copies of the relevant minutes are attached).
N.B. The reports which are the subject of the references in respect of Agenda Items 6(a) to (e) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agendas for 10th and 24th March and 28th April 2014 (and, in the case of 6(b), the Audit Committee of 28th April 2014).
** Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**
Members are asked to note that the call-in period in respect of Agenda Items 6(d) and (e) above will not expire until 17:00 on Thursday, 8th May, 2014. Members who wish to call-in either of these items should, therefore, if the call-in proforma has not been submitted by the time of the Council meeting, indicate their intention to call-in the item at the Council meeting itself, following which the item in question will be withdrawn.
Report of the Managing Director
7. Civic Salaries.
[View Sivic Salaries Minute]
8. To consider the following Notice of Motion (submitted by Councillors Dr. Ian Johnson and Chris Franks) :
"The Vale of Glamorgan Council agrees that Policy SP3 of the Local Development Plan shall be amended so that 'land is made available in sustainable locations for the provision of 5600 new residential units up to 2026', in order to meet the residential requirement identified by the 2011 based Welsh Government household projections for the Vale of Glamorgan, published on 27th February 2014."
[View Notice of Motion Minute]
9. To inform the Council of the use of the Urgency Decision Procedure under Article 13.9 of the Constitution.
10. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Council Procedure Rules 8.2, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
[View Council Questions Minute]
11. Questions from the public.
No questions have been received.
12. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
13. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
30th April, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council