Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 25TH JUNE, 2014 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
3. To approve the minutes of :
(i) the meeting held on 7th May, 2014
(ii) the Annual Meeting held on 14th May, 2014.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
[View Announcements Minute]
[View Petitions Minute]
Reports of the Monitoring Officer -
5. Wick Community Council : Appointment of Temporary Member.
[View Wick Community Council Minute]
6. Protocol Re Standards of Conduct Expected by Members.
[View Standard Expected by Members Minute]
7. Reference from Standards Committee : 11th April 2014 : Local Dispute Resolution Procedure.
[View Local Dispute Resolution Minute]
8. To consider the following proposals from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget (copies of the relevant minutes are attached).
N.B. The report which is the subject of the reference in respect of Agenda Item 8(a) above was considered as an urgent item at Cabinet on 16th June 2014 and a further copy is attached to the reference itself.
** Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**
Cabinet resolved that the report be referred to the Scrutiny Committees (Housing and Public Protection) and (Corporate Resources). Any Comments from those two Committees will be circulated as supplementary information to the above reference.
9. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Council Procedure Rules 8.2, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
[View Questions and Replies Minute]
10. Questions from the public.
No questions have been received.
Report of the Monitoring Officer -
11. Review of the Council Constitution / Officer Delegations.
[View Review of Constitution Minute]
12. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
13. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
19th June, 2014
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council