Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 29TH APRIL, 2015 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
3. To approve the minutes of:
(i) the meeting held on 4th March, 2015.
(ii) the Special Meeting held on 25th March, 2015.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
Report of the Managing Director –
5. Michaelston Community Council: Change of Name.
Report of the Monitoring Officer-
6. Code of Conduct for Members and Officers Dealing With Planning Matters.
Report of the Leader –
7. Resources Directorate : Amendments to Officer Delegations.
The attached report is also being submitted to Cabinet on 27th April 2015. The recommendations of Cabinet will be tabled at the Council Meeting.
8. To consider the following proposals from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget (copies of the relevant minutes are attached).
N.B. The reports which are the subjects of the references in respect of Agenda Items (a) and (b) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet Agendas for 13th and 27th April, 2015. **Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**.
9. To inform the Council of the use of the Urgency Decision Procedure under Article 13.9 of the Constitution.
10. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Council Procedure Rules 8.2, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6 (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
As previously notified to Members, all questions which were received by 12.00 noon on Wednesday, 22nd April, 2015 have been included in the agenda itself. Unless specifically requested by the Member concerned, those questions will not be read out, but the Cabinet Member will provide a verbal reply. Questions received after 22nd April, 2015 but by the deadline of 12.00 noon on Friday, 24th April, 2015 (in accordance with the Council’s Constitution) will be tabled and read out in accordance with normal procedures.
11. Questions from the public.
No questions have been received.
12. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
13. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
23rd April, 2015
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council