Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 14TH DECEMBER, 2016 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING, WHICH WILL BE PRECEDED AT 6.00 P.M. BY A NON-RELIGIOUS MOMENT OF REFLECTION.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 28 September 2016.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
5. To consider the following Notice of Motion (submitted by Councillors Mahoney and Christopher Williams).
“To change the provision of 4.23.5 Recorded Vote in the Constitution to:-
“4.23.5 Recorded Vote
All councillors votes in all council meetings to be automatically recorded.”
6. To consider the following Notice of Motion (submitted by Councillors Mahoney and Christopher Williams).
“All councillors attendance records at full council and all other committees of which they are members be clearly displayed on their members page on the Vale of Glamorgan council website and updated monthly.”
Report of the Managing Director –
7. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
Reports of the Monitoring Officer –
8. Review of the Council’s Constitution / Officer Delegations.
9. Code of Conduct for Members and Officers Dealing with Planning Matters.
10. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
N.B. The report which is the subject of the reference in respect of Agenda Item 10(a) above has already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agenda for 28th November 2016.
**Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**.
11. To inform the Council of the Use of the Urgent Decision Procedure Under Article 14.14 of the Constitution.
12. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Section 4.18.2 – 4.18.7 of the Council’s Constitution (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
13. Questions from the public.
Three questions have been received and are attached.
14. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
15. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
8th December, 2016
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council
Please Note: This meeting may be filmed for live or subsequent broadcast via the County Council’s website on the internet - at the start of the meeting the Mayor will confirm if all or part of the meeting is to be filmed. The images and sound recording may be used for training purposes by the Council.
Generally the public gallery is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for webcasting and/or training purposes.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Head of Democratic Services within office hours. Tel. No. (01446) 709408 or by e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org