Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 28TH FEBRUARY, 2018 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 13 December 2017.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
5. To consider the following Notice of Motion (submitted by Councillors Bailey and Cave).
“The Vale of Glamorgan Council:
- Notes with concern Natural Resources Wales’ decision to grant Biomass UK No 2 Ltd a permit to operate its gasification facility in Barry;
- Regrets NRW’s decision not to conduct an Environmental Impact Assessment before taking a decision;
- Calls on NRW to ensure independent and robust monitoring of emissions from the plant.”
Reports of the Managing Director –
6. Nomination of Mayor Elect and Deputy Mayor Elect for the Municipal Year 2018/19.
7. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
8. Consultation with Non-Domestic Ratepayers.
Report of the Monitoring Officer –
9. Review of the Council’s Constitution : Officer Delegations.
Report of the Director of Environment and Housing Services –
10. Housing Business Plan.
11. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
N.B. The reports which are the subject of the references in respect of Agenda Items 11(a) to (f) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agenda for 5th and 19th February, 2018 However, to assist Members in considering the budget proposals, further copies of the reports in respect of (c) to (e) are included in the agenda.
**Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**.
12. To set the Council Tax 2018-19.
13. To inform the Council of the Use of the Urgent Decision Procedure Under Article 14.14 of the Constitution.
14. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Section 4.18.2 – 4.18.7 of the Council’s Constitution (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
15. Questions from the public.
Eight questions have been received and are attached.
16. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
17. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
22nd February, 2018
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council
Please Note: This meeting may be filmed for live or subsequent broadcast via the County Council’s website on the internet – at the start of the meeting the Mayor will confirm if all or part of the meeting is to be filmed. The images and sound recording may be used for training purposes by the Council.
Generally the public gallery is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for webcasting and/or training purposes.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Head of Democratic Services within office hours. Tel. No. (01446) 709408 or by e-mail – email@example.com