Notice of Meeting DEMOCRATIC SERVICES COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting TUESDAY, 24TH JULY, 2012 AT 4.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 3, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Report of the Chief Executive -
3. Designation of Head of Democratic Services.
[View Designation of Head of Democratic Services Minute]
4. Terms of Reference -
To note the terms of reference as agreed at the Annual Meeting on 23rd May, 2012 (copy attached).
[View Terms of Reference Minute]
5. Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011: Guidance re. Democratic Services Committee (copy attached).
[View Guidance Minute]
6. Arrangements for Future Meetings.
It is suggested that meetings be held on a quarterly basis in October 2012 and January and April 2013.
7. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent.
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
8. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent.
J. Maitland Evans
18th July, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408.
To All Members of the Democratic Services Committee
Chairman: Councillor C.P. Franks
Vice-Chairman: Councillor R.L. Traherne
Councillors: R.J. Bertin, Ms. B.E. Brooks, J. Drysdale, G. Roberts, J.W. Thomas, Mrs. MR. Wilkinson, E. Williams, and M.R. Wilson.