Notice of Meeting DEMOCRATIC SERVICES COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 15TH APRIL, 2015 AT 4.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 1, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
3. To receive declarations of interest.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
Report of the Managing Director–
4. Member ICT Update.
5. White Paper: 'Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People’ - Cabinet: 23rd February, 2015.
(Cabinet has also referred the White Paper for comments to the Scrutiny Committee (Corporate Resources), Standards Committee, Audit Committee, Community Liaison Committee, Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee and the Vale of Glamorgan Local Service Board.
Members are reminded that hard copies of the White Paper itself, 'The Everyday Summary version’ and the Full Consultation Survey were circulated to all Members of the Council on 18th February, 2015.
Also attached is a Welsh Local Government Association Briefing Paper, which may assist Members in their consideration of this matter.
Reports of the Head of Democratic Services –
6. 'Good Scrutiny? Good Question!': Auditor General for Wales Improvement Study: Scrutiny in Local Government: Draft Action Plan.
7. Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011: Update / Action Plan.
8. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
9th April, 2015
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985:
Inspection of Background Papers In the first instance enquires should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt (tel: 01446 709408)
e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
To All Members of the Democratic Services Committee
Chairman: Councillor C.P. Franks;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor J.W. Thomas;
Councillors R.J. Bertin, Ms. B.E. Brooks, J. Drysdale, Mrs. A.J. Moore, G. Roberts, R.L. Traherne, E. Williams, and M.R. Wilson.