Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT)
Date and time
of Meeting TUESDAY, 9TH OCTOBER, 2012 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 4th September, 2012.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
Requests for Consideration of Matter –
4. Gypsy and Traveller Site Provision in the Vale of Glamorgan (Councillor R.A. Penrose).
Order of Proceedings – Speakers (up to 5 minutes each)
- Councillor R.A. Penrose
- Councillor K.P. Mahoney
- Councillor C. Tatt (Vice-Chairman Sully and Lavernock Community Council)
- Mr. A. Mallet (CEO, Beechwood College, Sully).
(Also attached - Letter from Councillor R.J.Bertin)
[View Gypsy and Traveller Site Provision Minute]
5. Olympic and Paralympic Legacy in the Vale of Glamorgan (Councillor C.L. Curtis). (Replacement Appendix 2)
[View Olympic and Paralympic Legacy Minute]
Joint Report of the Director of Development Services and the Director of Visible Services and Housing -
6. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April 2012 to 31st August 2012.
(Members having any queries in relation to specific capital projects are requested to contact the Head of Service for the project prior to the meeting.)
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
7. LDP Study and Nell’s Point, Barry Island.
[View Nells Point Minute]
8. Proposals to Aid the Regeneration of Barry Island.
[View Regeneration of Barry Island Minute]
Report of the Director of Development Services -
9. To Review the Cost of Annual Passes for Dedicated Mainstream School Transport.
[View Cost of Annual Passes Minute]
Report of the Director of Visible Services and Housing –
10. Individual Disabled Parking Bays – Update.
[View Individual Disabled Parking Bays Minute]
11. Draft Service Plan – Visible Services.
[View Draft Service Plan Minute]
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
3rd October, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of
Mrs. K. Bowen, Tel: Barry (01446) 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Economy and Environment)
Chairman: Councillor R.L. Traherne
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Mrs. A.J. Moore
Councillors: P.J. Clarke, G.A. Cox, Ms. C. Curtis, Mrs. P. Drake, E. Hacker,
P. King, A.G. Powell and C.J. Williams.