Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (ECONOMY AND ENVIRONMENT)
Date and time
of Meeting TUESDAY, 3RD SEPTEMBER, 2013 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 16th July, 2013.
[View Minutes minute]
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
Joint Report of the Director of Development Services and the Director of Visible Services and Housing –
4. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April 2013 to 31st July, 2013.
[View Revenue and Capital minute]
Report of the Managing Director
5. Improvement Plan. (Members are requested to bring to the meeting, copies of both the Improvement Plan and Draft Scrutiny Committees' Annual Report May 2012 - April 2013 sent under separate cover.)
[View Improvement Plan minute]
6. Penarth Learning Community – Delivery of Community Benefits – Progress Update: Cabinet – 15th July, 2013.
[View Penarth Learning Community minute]
7. Energy and Climate Change Common’s Select Committee Second Report – A Severn Barrage?: Cabinet – 15th July, 2013.
[View Energy minute]
8. Welsh Government Regeneration Framework – Vibrant and Viable Places: Cabinet – 29th July, 2013.
[View WG Regeneration Framework minute]
9. Cardiff Organic Waste Partnership – Kitchen Food and Green Garden Waste Treatment Procurement: Cabinet – 29th July, 2013.
Report of the Managing Director –
10. Scrutiny Committees’ Annual Report. (Members are requested to bring to the meeting copies of both the Improvement Plan and Draft Scrutiny Committees' Annual Report May 2012 - April 2013 sent under separate cover.)
[View Annual Report minute]
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
28th August, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of
Mrs. K. Bowen, Tel: Barry (01446) 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Economy and Environment)
Chairman: Councillor Mrs. A.J. Moore
Vice-Chairman: Councillor E. Hacker
Councillors: P.J. Clarke, G.A. Cox, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Mrs. P. Drake, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen, P. King, A.G. Powell and C.J. Williams.