Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (HOUSING AND PUBLIC PROTECTION)
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 7TH SEPTEMBER, 2011 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 21st July, 2011.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
4. Supporting People Contracts - Cabinet: 6th July, 2011.
[View Supporting People Contracts Minute]
5. Social Housing Grant Programme 2011-2014 - Cabinet: 6th July, 2011.
[View Social Housing Grant Programme Minute]
Report of the Chief Executive -
6. Improvement Plan 2011/12. (Updated PI report presented at meeting)
[View Improvement Plan Minute]
(MEMBERS ARE REMINDED TO BRING TO THE MEETING THE COPY OF THE IMPROVEMENT PLAN THAT HAS BEEN SENT UNDER SEPARATE COVER ON 26TH AUGUST, 2011)
Reports of the Director of Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services -
7. Revenue and Capital Monitoring - 1st April to 31st July 2011.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
8. 1st Quarter Performance Monitoring Reports:
[View 1st Quater Performance Monitoring Minute]
(i) Building Services.
(ii) Public Housing.
(iii) Public Protection.
(Members are reminded to inform Democratic Services by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Reporting)
9. Homelessness Leasing Scheme.
[View Homelessness Leasing Scheme Minute]
10. Introduction of Local Letting Policy.
[View Local Letting Policy Minute]
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
1st September, 2011
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Rees, Tel: (01446) 709413
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Housing and Public Protection)
Councillor Mrs. M.R. Wilkinson (Chairman);
Councillor J.C. Bird (Vice-Chairman);
Councillors R.J. Bertin Ms. B.E. Brooks, S.C. Egan, N.P. Hodges, J.W. Thomas, R.P. Thomas, A.C. Williams, E.T. Williams and Ms. M. Wright.
1 representative, in a co-opted non-voting capacity, of each of the following organisations:
Vale Housing Federation
Vale Housing and Homelessness Forum
plus 4 Representatives from Tenant Working Group / Panel
Mr. G. Amos
Mr. J. Farrington
Mr. B. Fisher
Mrs. D. Hill