Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (HOUSING AND PUBLIC PROTECTION)
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 6TH OCTOBER, 2011 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 7th September, 2011.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
4. Review of the Corporate Plan 2010 - 14 - Cabinet: 7th September, 2011.
[View Review of Corporate Plan Minute]
5. Supporting People Operational Plan 2011/12 - 2012/13 - Cabinet: 21st September 2011.
[View Supporting People Operational Plan Minute]
6. Consultation on Proposed Empty Homes Strategy 2012-2017 - Cabinet: 21st September, 2011.
[View Empty Homes Strategy Minute]
Reports of the Director of Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services -
7. Revenue and Capital Monitoring - 1st April to 31st August 2011.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
8. Bridgend County Borough Council - Investigation of the Effectiveness of Partnerships and Communities Together (PACT) Meetings.
[View Effectivesness of PACT Minute]
9. Community Safety Performance Monitoring.
[View Community Safety Performance Monitoring Minute]
10. Safer Vale Strategic Assessment.
[View Safer Vale Strategic Assessment Minute]
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
(i) Safer Vale Strategic Assessment - Reference from Licensing Committee: 4th October 2011.
[View Safer Vale Strategic Assessment Reference Minute]
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
30th September, 2011
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Rees, Tel: (01446) 709413
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Housing and Public Protection)
Councillor Mrs. M.R. Wilkinson (Chairman);
Councillor J.C. Bird (Vice-Chairman);
Councillors R.J. Bertin Ms. B.E. Brooks, S.C. Egan, N.P. Hodges, J.W. Thomas, R.P. Thomas, A.C. Williams, E.T. Williams and Ms. M. Wright.
1 representative, in a co-opted non-voting capacity, of each of the following organisations:
Vale Housing Federation
Vale Housing and Homelessness Forum
plus 4 Representatives from Tenant Working Group / Panel
Mr. G. Amos
Mr. J. Farrington
Mr. B. Fisher
Mrs. D. Hill