Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (HOUSING AND PUBLIC PROTECTION)
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 1ST DECEMBER, 2011 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 2nd November, 2011.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
Request for Consideration of Matter -
4. Incident at Dow Corning 1st October, 2011 - submitted by Councillor R.J. Bertin.
[View Dow Corning Minute]
5. Hinkley Point Power Station - Civil Protection Arrangements - Cabinet: 2nd November, 2011.
[View Hinkley Point Minute]
6. Initial Capital Programme Proposals 2012/13 - Cabinet; 16th November, 2011.
7. Initial Revenue Budget Proposals 2012/13 - Cabinet: 16th November, 2011.
8. Initial Housing Revenue Account Budget Proposals 2012/13 and Revised Budget 2011/12 - Cabinet: 16th November, 2011.
[View Reference Minute]
9. Consultation on Proposed Additional Licensing Scheme for Houses in Multiple Occupation - Cabinet: 16th November, 2011.
[View Leasing Scheme Minute]
Reports of the Director of Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services -
10. Initial Capital Programme Proposals 2012/13.
[View Initial Capital Programme Proposals Minute]
11. Initial Revenue Budget Proposals 2012/13.
[View Initial Revenue Budget Proposals Minute]
12. Initial Housing Revenue Account Budget Proposals 2012/13 and Revised Budget for 2011/12.
[View HRA Minute]
13. Community Safety Performance Monitoring.
[View Community Safety Performance Minute]
14. Homeswapper Scheme Update.
[View Homeswapper Scheme Minute]
15. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
16. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
24th November, 2011
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Rees, Tel: (01446) 709413
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Housing and Public Protection)
Councillor Mrs. M.R. Wilkinson (Chairman);
Councillor J.C. Bird (Vice-Chairman);
Councillors R.J. Bertin Ms. B.E. Brooks, S.C. Egan, N.P. Hodges, J.W. Thomas, R.P. Thomas, A.C. Williams, E.T. Williams and Ms. M. Wright.
1 representative, in a co-opted non-voting capacity, of each of the following organisations:
Vale Housing Federation
Vale Housing and Homelessness Forum
plus 4 Representatives from Tenant Working Group / Panel.
Mr. G. Amos
Mr. J. Farrington
Mr. B. Fisher
Mrs. D. Hill