Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (HOUSING AND PUBLIC PROTECTION)
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 18TH JULY, 2012 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Appointment of Vice-Chairman.
[View Appointment of Vice-Chairman Minute]
4. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
5. Overview of key issues facing the Public Protection Service - Head of Public Protection, Mr. Alun Billinghurst.
[View Overview Minute]
6. Kerbside Recycling Arrangements – An Update – Scrutiny Committee (Economy and Environment): 17th April, 2012.
[View Kerbside Recycling Minute]
7. Empty Homes Strategy 2012 – 2017 – Cabinet: 18th April, 2012.
[View Empty Homes Strategy Minute]
8. Review of Disabled Facilities Grant Service Improvements – Cabinet: 18th April, 2012.
[View Review of DFG Minute]
9. Corporate Improvement Objectives 2012/13 – Cabinet: 18th April, 2012.
[View Corporate Improvement Objectives Minute]
Report of the Director of Visible Services and Housing -
10. Consultation on Proposed Homelessness Prevention Strategy 2012 – 2017.
[View Homelessness Prevention Strategy Minute]
Report of the Chief Executive -
11. Youth Offending Service Year End Report.
[View Youth Offending Service Minute]
Reports of the Director of Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services -
(Members are reminded to inform Democratic Services by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
12. Quarterly Service Plan Action Monitoring and End of Year Performance Monitoring –
(i) Public Housing. (Action Monitoring) (End of Year)
[View Public Housing Minute]
(ii) Public Protection. (Action Monitoring) (End of Year)
[View Public Protection Minute]
13. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April 2012 to 31st May 2012.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
14. Closure of Accounts 2011/12.
[View Closure of Accounts Minute]
15. Scrutiny Forward Work Programme 2012/13.
[View Forward Work Programme Minute]
16. Scrutiny Committees’ Annual Report.
[View Annual Report Minute]
17. Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations.
[View Decision Tracking Minute]
18. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
19. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
12th July, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Rees, Tel: (01446) 709413
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Housing and Public Protection)
Chairman: Mrs. M.R. Wilkinson
Vice-Chairman: To be appointed
Councillors: R.J. Bertin, Ms. C. Curtis, J. Drysdale, Mrs. V.M. Hartrey, Ms. R.F. Probert, R.P. Thomas, A.C. Williams and E. Williams (plus one vacancy).
1 representative, in a co-opted non-voting capacity, of each of the following organisations:
Vale Housing Federation
Vale Housing and Homelessness Forum
plus 4 Representatives from Tenant Working Group / Panel.
Mr. G. Amos
Mr. J. Farrington
Mr. B. Fisher
Mrs. D. Hill