Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (HOUSING AND PUBLIC PROTECTION)
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 7TH OCTOBER, 2015 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 2nd September, 2015.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Gypsy Traveller Accommodation (submitted by Councillor K.P. Mahoney).
5. Gypsy Traveller Accommodation (submitted by Councillor A.G. Bennett).
6. Home Office Scheme to support the Resettlement of Afghan and Syrian Individuals and Families in the UK (submitted by Councillor K.P. Mahoney). [Cabinet Minute] [Cabinet Report]
7. Gambling Act 2005 Statement of Principles – Licensing Committee: 1st September, 2015.
8. Disabled Facilities Grants Performance Report for Quarter 1 2015-16 – Cabinet: 21st September, 2015.
9. Lettings of Social Housing and Implications of Welfare Reform Changes.
Reports of the Director of Environment and Housing Services –
10. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 31st August, 2015.
11. Quarter 1 Public Protection Performance Report 2015-16.
12. Quarter 1 Housing and Building Services Performance Report 2015-16.
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
13. Inspection of Private Sector Properties for Homelessness Purposes.
Report of the Head of Shared Regulatory Services –
14. Update on Regulatory Services Collaboration Project.
Report of the Managing Director –
15. 2nd Quarter Decision Tracking and Work Programme Schedule.
16. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
17. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
30th September, 2015
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of
Mr. C. Hope, Tel: Barry (01446) 709855
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Housing and Public Protection)
Chairman: Councillor C.J. Williams
Vice-Chairman: Councillor J. Drysdale
Councillors: A.G. Bennett, J.C. Bird, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Mrs. V.M. Hartrey, Ms. R.F. Probert, R.P. Thomas, Mrs. M.R. Wilkinson and E. Williams.
Councillor K.P. Mahoney – for Agenda Item Nos. 4 and 6.
Councillor Ms. B.E. Brooks for Agenda Item Nos. 4, 5 and 6.
1 representative, in a co-opted non-voting observer capacity, of each of the following organisations:
Vale Housing and Homelessness Forum
plus 4 Representatives from Tenant Working Group / Panel.
Mr. G. Amos
Mrs. G. Doyle
Mr. S. Doyle
(plus 1 vacancy)