Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (HOUSING AND PUBLIC PROTECTION)
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 2ND DECEMBER, 2015 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 7th October 2015.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations).
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Wales Audit Office Report: Is the Disabled Facilities Grant Service Providing an Effective Response to User Needs – Audit Committee: 21st September 2015.
Request for Consideration of Matter –
5. Warden and Alarm Service in the Vale – Councillor R.J. Bertin.
Reports of the Director of Environment and Housing Services –
6. Support for Older People Funded by Supporting People.
7. Initial Revenue Budget Proposals 2016/17.
8. Initial Capital Programme Proposals 2016/17.
9. Initial Housing Revenue Account Budget Proposals 2016/17 and Amended Budget 2015/16.
10. Quarter 2 Public Protection Performance Report 2015-16.
11. Quarter 2 Housing and Building Services Performance Report 2015-16.
12. Council Tax Charging Policy for Second Homes in the Vale of Glamorgan.
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
25th November, 2015
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of
Mr. C. Hope, Tel: Barry (01446) 709855
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Housing and Public Protection)
Chairman: Councillor C.J. Williams
Vice-Chairman: Councillor J. Drysdale
Councillors: A.G. Bennett, J.C. Bird, Mrs. C.L. Curtis, Mrs. V.M. Hartrey, Ms. R.F. Probert, R.P. Thomas, Mrs. M.R. Wilkinson and E. Williams.
1 representative, in a co-opted non-voting observer capacity, of each of the following organisations:
Vale Housing and Homelessness Forum
plus 4 Representatives from Tenant Working Group / Panel.
Mr. G. Amos
Mrs. G. Doyle
Mr. S. Doyle
(plus 1 vacancy)
Also invited: Councillor R.J. Bertin for Agenda Item No. 5