Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2011 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 25th July, 2011.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
Report of the Chief Executive -
4. Improvement Plan 2011/12. (Updated PI Report)
[View Improvement Plan Minute]
(MEMBERS ARE REMINDED TO BRING TO THE MEETING THE COPY OF THE IMPROVEMENT PLAN THAT HAS BEEN SENT UNDER SEPARATE COVER ON 26TH AUGUST, 2011)
Reports of the Director of Learning and Development -
5. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April 2011 to 31st July 2011.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
6. Briefing Presentation - School Support.
[View School Support Presentation Minute]
7. School Performance Data for Key Stages 1, 2 and 3. (Supplementary reports 1 and 2 presented at the meeting)
[View School Performance Data Minute]
8. 1st Quarter Performance Monitoring Reports:
(i) Inclusion Service.
[View Inclusion Service Minute]
(ii) School Improvement.
[View School Improvement Minute]
(iii) Strategic Planning and Performance.
[View Stractegic Planning and Performance Minute]
(Members are reminded to inform Democratic Services by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Reports)
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
6th September, 2011
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Jeff Rees, Tel: 01446 709413
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Councillor Mrs. K.A. Kemp (Chairman);
Councillor Ms. V.L. Ellis (Vice-Chairman);
Councillors Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, C.P.J. Elmore, J.F. Fraser, E. Hacker, F.T. Johnson, C.L. Osborne, Mrs. S.I. Sharpe, J.W. Thomas and S.T. Wiliam.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. Paul Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell, Pendoylan (Church in Wales).
Mr. P. Lewis (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. S. Williams (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. G. Roberts (Special).
Mr. D. Griffiths (Headteachers)
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).