Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 10TH OCTOBER, 2011 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 12th September, 2011.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Review of the Corporate Plan 2010 - 14: Cabinet - 7th September, 2011.
[View Corporate Plan Review minute]
Reports of the Director of Learning and Development -
5. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April, 2011 to 31st August, 2011.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring minute]
6. Learning and Development Directorate Medium Term Financial Plan and Budget Strategy.
[View Medium Term minute]
7. Jenner Park Primary School Progress Update.
[View School Progress Update minute]
8. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
Report of the Director of Learning and Development -
9. Summary of School Inspection Reports for the Spring Term 2011 and Summer Term 2011.
[View Summary of School Inspection Reports minute]
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
4th October, 2011
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Jeff Rees, Tel: 01446 709413
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Councillor Mrs. K.A. Kemp (Chairman);
Councillor Ms. V.L. Ellis (Vice-Chairman);
Councillors Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, C.P.J. Elmore, J.F. Fraser, E. Hacker, F.T. Johnson, C.L. Osborne, Mrs. S.I. Sharpe, J.W. Thomas and S.T. Wiliam.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. Paul Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell, Pendoylan (Church in Wales).
Mr. P. Lewis (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. S. Williams (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. G. Roberts (Special).
Mr. D. Griffiths (Headteachers)
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).