Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 7TH NOVEMBER, 2011 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence minute]
2. Appointment of Vice-Chairman.
[View Appointment of Vice-Chairman minute]
3. Minutes of the meeting held on 10th October, 2011.
4. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Reports of the Director of Learning and Development -
5. School Based Counselling.
[View School Based Counselling minute]
6. Requirements of the New “Welsh in Education Strategic Plans”.
(View presentation and draft action plan circulated at Committee)
7. Catering Service Review Update.
[View Catering Service Review minute]
8. Penarth Learning Community.
[View Penarth Learning Community minute]
Report of the Director of Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services -
9. Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations.
[View Decision Tracking minute]
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
1st November, 2011
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Jeff Rees, Tel: 01446 709413
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Councillor Mrs. K.A. Kemp (Chairman);
Councillors Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, C.P.J. Elmore, J.F. Fraser, E. Hacker, F.T. Johnson, C.L. Osborne, Mrs. S.I. Sharpe, J.W. Thomas, S.T. Wiliam and Miss. S.J.C. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. Paul Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell, Pendoylan (Church in Wales).
Mr. P. Lewis (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. S. Williams (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. G. Roberts (Special).
Mr. D. Griffiths (Headteachers)
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).