Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 23RD APRIL, 2012 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
[View Apologies for Absence minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 19th March, 2012.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Presentation on the Comenius Project by St. Nicholas Church in Wales Primary School.
[View Comenius Project minute]
5. Corporate Improvement Objectives 2012/13 - Cabinet: 28th March, 2012.
[View Corporate Improvement Objectives minute]
Report of the Chief Executive -
6. Progress Report for Gladstone, Jenner Park and Oakfield Primary Schools.
[View Schools Progress Report minutes]
7. Final Report of the Youth Service Provision Task and Finish Group.
[View Task and Finish Group Final Report minute]
Report of the Director of Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services -
8. Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations: 4th Quarter.
[View Decision Tracking minute]
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
17th April, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Jeff Rees, Tel: 01446 709413
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Councillor Mrs. K.A. Kemp (Chairman);
Councillor Mrs. S.I. Sharpe (Vice-Chairman);
Councillors Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, C.P.J. Elmore, J.F. Fraser, E. Hacker, F.T. Johnson, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen, C.L. Osborne, J.W. Thomas and S.T. Wiliam.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. Paul Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell, Pendoylan (Church in Wales).
Mr. P. Lewis (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. S. Williams (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. G. Roberts (Special).
Mr. D. Griffiths (Headteachers)
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).