Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 25TH JUNE, 2012 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Appointment of Vice-Chairman.
[View Appointment of Vice-Chairman Minute]
3. Minutes of the meeting held on 23rd April, 2012.
4. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
5. Service Overview - Key Issues - Verbal Report:
Lynette Jones - Head of Achievement
Paula Ham - Head of Strategic Planning and Performance.
[View Service Overviews Minute]
Reports of the Chief Executive -
6. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April, 2012 to 30th April, 2012.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
7. The Vale of Glamorgan School Investment Programme (2012/13 to 2019/20).
[View School Investment Programme Minute]
8. Progress Report for Gladstone Primary, Jenner Park Primary Colcot Primary and Oakfield Primary.
[View Progress Reports Minute]
9. Summary of School Inspection Reports for the Spring Term 2012.
[View School Inspection Reports Minute]
10. Admissions Forum Representation.
[View Admissions Forum Minute]
11. Schools Budget Forum Representation.
[View Schools Budget Forum Minute]
Report of the Director of Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services -
12. Scrutiny Forward Work Programme 2012/13.
[View Forward Work Programme Minute]
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
19th June, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: N.P. Hodges
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. R. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton,
T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. Paul Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Mr. P. Lewis (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. S. Williams (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. G. Roberts (Special).
Mr. D. Griffiths (Headteachers)
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).