Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 23RD JULY, 2012 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 25th June, 2012.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Reports of the Chief Executive -
4. Closure of Accounts.
[View Closure of Accounts Minute]
5. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April 2012 to 31st May 2012.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
(Members are reminded to inform Democratic Services by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring)
6. Quarterly Service Plan Action Monitoring and End of Year 2011/12 Performance Reports -
(i) Inclusion Service (Action Monitoring) (End of Year)
[View Inclusion Service Minute]
(ii) School Improvement and Adult Community Learning (Action Monitoring) (End of Year)
[View School Improvement Minute]
(iii) Strategic Planning and Performance (Action Monitoring) (End of Year).
[View Strategic Planning Minute]
7. National Literacy and Numeracy Programmes.
[View National Literacy and Numeracy Minute]
Reports of the Director of Legal, Public Protection and Housing Services -
8. Scrutiny Committee Decision Tracking of Recommendations.
[View Decision Tracking Minute]
9. Scrutiny Committees’ Annual Report.
[View Annual Report Minute]
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
John Maitland Evans
17th July, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. Paul Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Mr. P. Lewis (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. S. Williams (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. D. Griffiths (Headteachers)
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).