Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 10TH SEPTEMBER, 2012 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 23rd July, 2012.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Reports of the Managing Director –
4. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April, 2012 to 31st July, 2012.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring minute]
5. Improvement Plan 2012/13.
[View Improvement Plan minute]
(Members are reminded to bring to the meeting the copy of the Improvement Plan that has been sent under separate cover on 22nd August 2012.)
6. Youth Service Provision Task and Finish Group Progress Report.
[View Youth Service Provision minute]
7. Summary of Bryn Hafren Comprehensive School Inspection Report: Summer Term 2012.
[View Bryn Hafren minute]
8. Central South Consortium for Education Services – Cabinet: 30th July, 2012.
[View Reference minute]
Reports of the Managing Director -
9. Central South Consortium Joint Education Service (JES) Update Report.
[View JES minute]
10. First Quarter Performance Monitoring Reports –
(i) Inclusion Service
(ii) School Improvement
(iii) Strategic Planning and Performance
(iv) Sickness and Leavers (New Corporate Structure).
[View Performance Monitoring minute]
(Members are reminded to inform Democratic Services by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring reports)
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
Report of the Managing Director –
12. Progress Report for Oakfield Primary School.
[View Oakfield minute]
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
4th September, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. Paul Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Mr. P. Lewis (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. S. Williams (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).