Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 15TH OCTOBER, 2012 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 10th September, 2012.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Introduction and Welcome - newly appointed Chief Learning and Skills Officer Ms. Jennifer Hill.
[View Introduction and Welcome Minute]
Reports of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer –
5. ALN Transport Service Review Update.
[View ALN Transport Service Review Minute]
6. Pupil Numbers at All Vale Schools.
[View Pupil Numbers at Schools Minute]
7. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April, 2012 to 31st August, 2012.
(Members having any queries in relation to specific capital projects are requested to contact the Head of Service for the project prior to the meeting.)
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
8. School Reading Tests - by the Head of Achievement / School Improvement - Lynette Jones.
[View Schol Reading Tests Minute]
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
9th October, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. Paul Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Mr. P. Lewis (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. S. Williams (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).