Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 10TH DECEMBER, 2012 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence minute]
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Reports of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer –
4. Initial Revenue Budget Proposals 2013/14.
[View Initial Revenue Budget Proposals minute]
5. Initial Capital Programme Proposals 2013/14.
[View Initial Capital Programme Proposals minute]
(Members having any queries in relation to specific projects are requested to contact the Head of Service for the project prior to the meeting.)
6. Welsh Public Library Standards Assessment 2011-12.
[View Welsh Public Library Standards Assessment minute]
7. School Performance Report for the Level 2 Inclusive, end of Key Stage 4 (Provisional Data Only).
[View School Performance minute]
8. Six-Monthly Report in Respect of Safeguarding Practice in Schools and Other Services Within the Learning and Skills Directorate.
[View Safeguarding Practice minute]
9. Corporate Plan - Cabinet: 19th November 2012.
[View Corporate Plan minute]
(Members are asked to bring to the meeting the copy of the Draft Corporate Plan and the report to cabinet sent under separate cover.)
Quarterly Performance and Action Monitoring Reports –
10. Inclusion Service.
[View Inclusion Service minute]
11. School Improvement.
[View School Improvement minute]
12. Strategic Planning and Performance.
[View Strategic Planning and Performance minute]
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
4th December, 2012
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, Mrs. M. Kelly Owen, R.A. Penrose and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. Paul Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Vacant (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Vacant (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).