Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 18TH FEBRUARY, 2013 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 21st January, 2013.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Reports of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer –
4. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April 2012 to 31st December 2012.
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
(Members having any queries in relation to specific projects are requested to contact the Head of Service for the project prior to the meeting.)
5. Review of the Future Delivery of the Education Services in Wales: Second Report.
[Supplemental Information distributed at meeting]
[View Education Services in Wales Minute]
6. Progress Report for Oakfield Primary School.
[View Oakfield Primary School Minute]
7. Welsh in Education Strategic Plan (WESP) (Up-dated) 2012 to 2015.
[View WESP Minute]
8. Welsh Government Primary Free Breakfast Clubs.
[See supplementary information distributed at meeting]
[View Free Breakfast Clubs Minute]
9. Summary of School Inspection Reports for the Autumn Term 2012.
[View School Inspection Reports Minute]
10. Inspection of Local Authority Education Services for Children and Young People (LAESCYP).
[View LAESCYP Minute]
11. Individual School Progress Meetings.
[View Individual School Progress Meetings Minute]
12. Central South Performance Stocktake.
[View Central South Performance Stocktake Minute]
13. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
12th February, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, R.A. Penrose, J.W. Thomas and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).