Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 18TH MARCH, 2013 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 18th February, 2013.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
Report of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer –
4. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the period 1st April 2012 to 31st January 2013.
(Members having any queries in relation to specific projects are requested to contact the Head of Service for the project prior to the meeting.)
[View Revenue and Capital Monitoring Minute]
5. Children and Young People Services – Commissioning Strategy and Action Plan 2013–2018 – Scrutiny Committee (Social Care and Health): 11th February, 2013.
[View Commissioning Strategy and Action Plan Minute]
Reports of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer –
6. Summary of Draft Self Evaluation Report of Local Authority Education Services for Children and Young People.
[View Self Evaluation Report Minute]
7. Central South Consortium Joint Education Service Progress Report: February 2013.
[View JES Progress Report Minute]
8. 3rd Quarter Performance Monitoring Reports:
(i) Inclusion Service.
(ii) School Improvement.
(iii) Strategic Planning and Performance.
[View Performance Monitoring Minute]
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
12th March, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R. Birch
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, R.A. Penrose, J.W. Thomas and E. Williams.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. T. Cox (Secondary).
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).