Notice of Meeting SCRUTINY COMMITTEE (LIFELONG LEARNING)
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 23RD MAY, 2013 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COMMITTEE ROOM NO. 2, CIVIC OFFICES
1. Apologies for Absence.
[View Apologies for Absence Minute]
2. Appointment of Vice-Chairman.
[View Appointment of Vice-Chairman Minute]
4. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
[View Declarations of Interest Minute]
5. School Admission Arrangements 2014/2015 – Cabinet: 8th April 2013.
[View School Admission Arrangements Minute]
Reports of the Chief Learning and Skills Officer -
6. NEET’s provision in the Vale of Glamorgan.
[View NEETS Provision Minute]
7. Summary of School Inspection Reports for the Spring Term.
[View School Inspection Reports Minute]
8. Central South Consortium Performance Stocktake Report.
[View Stocktake Report Minute]
9. School and Community Based Counselling Service for Young People.
[View Counseling Service Minute]
Report of the Head of Democratic Services -
10. Task and Finish Activities 2013/14.
[View Task and Finish Minute]
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
17th May, 2013
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Karen Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Scrutiny Committee (Lifelong Learning)
Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges
Vice-Chairman: To be Appointed
Councillors: Mrs. M.E.J. Birch, Ms. R. Birch, Ms. K. Edmunds, H.C. Hamilton, T.H. Jarvie, F.T. Johnson, A. Parker, R.A. Penrose and
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. P. Burke (Roman Catholic Church).
Father E. Counsell (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mr. L. Kellaway (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. G. Beaudette (Primary).
Mr. D. Treharne (Welsh Medium Education).
Vacant (Free Churches).